About Grandmaster Hwang Kwang Sung
Grandmaster Hwang, promoted to 9th Degree in 1997 by General Choi Hong Hi himself, has been a loyal and dedicated student of General Choi since meeting him in 1967. He has learned Taekwon-Do from the founder non-stop since then until The General's passing in 2002. Grandmaster Hwang spent the last decade of the General's life literally by his side as his servant, his confidant and most importantly, as his loyal student. Given the continuous Taekwon-Do Career with the General in excess of 35 years, Grandmaster Hwang is without a doubt a valued asset to the pool of knowledge and experience that completes the legacy of Taekwon-Do today. His knowledge of Modern Taekwon-Do as the General envisioned it is arguably unparalleled.
About the Unified International Taekwon-Do Federation
The Unified International Taekwon-Do Federation was established in 2004 by Grandmaster Hwang, K.S. The Unified ITF provides a central resource and community around General Choi's legacy providing educational seminars, workshops and certification. The Unified ITF also provides international competitions, continental championships and Open World Championships to showcase authentic Taekwon-Do and to foster goodwill among compatriots in the art.
The Unified ITF was created to preserve the legacy of General Choi including the techniques, terminology and moral culture of his teachings. UITF President and Founder Grandmaster Hwang, K.S held several prominent positions in the ITF under General Choi including Special Assistant, Spokesman, Chairman of the Promotion Committee, Chairman of Merger Committee and Secretary General.
To carry out General Choi’s Legacy under the guidance of his World-Renowned Grandmasters and Masters. The Unified-ITF will:
- Offer Associate memberships to those groups who wish to remain independent by allowing direct membership to the Unified ITF.
- Offer National Governing Body (NGB) memberships to organizations that provide leadership within their country.
- Offer memberships to non Taekwon-Do organizations that wish to convert to Taekwon-Do.
- Confirm all promotions above VI dan through the Promotional Committee.
- Offer Open World Championships for all ITF organizations.
- Encourage open access for members to participate in the activities of all ITF organizations.
- Offer special seminars on, but not limited to Taekwon-Do history, techniques, moral culture, Instructor and Referee Certifications.
- Celebrate General Choi’s Annual Memorial.
Objectives Of The UITF
- To carry out the Legacy of the Founder of Taekwon-Do, General Choi Hong Hi.
- Teach Taekwon-Do as created by General Choi Hong Hi.
- Protect the history of General Choi and Taekwon-Do
- Offer support and provide resources for all members.
- Offer support and provide resources for all organizations wanting to learn Taekwon-Do
- Build on and open communications with the World Taekwon-Do Federation
- Build on and open communications with the International Olympic Committee
- Discount certificates based on World Bank Guidelines and member needs.
- Raise funds to print General Choi's biography, Volume 3 in English
- Raise funds to open UITF Headquarters with Taekwon-Do Hall of Fame and Museum
- Educate members on General Choi's legacy and Taekwon-Do history